Northwest Ohio has a rich history of manufacturing that continues to flourish in today’s global economy. From automotive to advanced materials – this region’s manufacturing landscape is more diverse than ever before. The Toledo/Northwest Ohio region has been at the heart of industrial activity since it was founded and now has taken its place at the forefront of high-tech, advanced technologies.
Northwest Ohio Advanced Manufacturing Industry – Quick Facts
- Regional manufacturing workforce exceeding 130,000
- 500 manufacturing companies operating in Northwest Ohio
- Lowest taxes in the Midwest for capital-intensive manufacturing
- Ohio Manufacturing Extension Program provides low-cost business and technical assistance
- One of the top available sites in Ohio for manufacturing – both authenticated and ready to develop – is located in Northwest Ohio
- Epicenter for 3D additive manufacturing